So, I will begin at the beginning...or rather, the end. Because the end is where the beginning begins. Confusing? Yeah, I agree.
I'll just start then:
I am getting a divorce. I hate that word by the way - Divorce.
I wondered what it means. I had to look it up.
di·vorce (d
-vôrs
, -v
rs
)
-vôrs
, -v
rs
)n.
1. The legal dissolution of a marriage.
2. A complete or radical severance of closely connected things.
v. di·vorced, di·vorc·ing, di·vorc·es
v.tr.
1. To dissolve the marriage bond between.
2. To end marriage with (one's spouse) by way of legal divorce.
3. To cut off; separate or disunite: an idea that was completely divorced from reality. See Synonyms at separate.
v.intr.
To obtain a divorce.
[Middle English, from Old French, from Latin d
vortium, from d
vortere, to divert, variant of d
vertere; see divert.]
vortium, from d
vortere, to divert, variant of d
vertere; see divert.]And there you have it. I think the most applicable definition is : a complete or radical severance of closely connected things. But it doesn't get to be a complete severance, because we have a child together.
So much for anything being easy.
You may be wondering why the divorce. Well, I can honestly tell you that it was not what I wanted. I don't actually believe in divorce unless the situation is quite dire and every attempt has been made to save it, but it seems that divorce believes in me. Only a select few know the details. The official story is that we grew apart, or fell out of love...or whatever.
But that's is not what this is all about anyway. The real question is not "Why the divorce?"
The real question is "What now?" It is something I have been asking myself for a couple of days now. "What now?"
Now, I pick myself up, pack up my things, and start a new chapter in my life. Now, I am a single-mom with an amazing son who deserves a whole ton of love. Now, I am a divorcée.
This blog will follow me on my path towards rediscovering myself, my happiness, and my life. It should be interesting, and rather unexpected. My life usually is...
No comments:
Post a Comment