Happy Birthday to me!
I am 31 years old, and I am not afraid to shout it to the world! I am 31 years old, and I don"t want to be 20, 25, or even 30. I am 31 years old, and I am happy!
This is the first birthday I have had in a very long time that didn't bum me out. It is the first time since I can remember that I didn't get the birthday blues, or the post birthday blues. It is the first time I didn't wish I was younger.
Just a few days ago I was wishing I was 25 or so. It is so much easier to start your life over when you are younger, especially with that biological clock tick-tocking so damned loud you can hardly hear yourself think...
So what changed?
I had a conversation with my Omi. She was telling me how proud she is of me, what an amazing mother I am, how strong and brave I am, and what a wonderful woman I have grown up to become. As I blushed profusely at all of that praise and thanked her, she said (not knowing about my lament lately about my age)"Would you want to be younger, 21 again?" Without a thought I said, "No way!"
I was shocked at my answer. Shocked at the truth of it. Shocked at how much I felt it. NO! I do not want to be younger. I am finally coming to understand who I really am, and like, even love that person. These last 3 years have taught me so much about myself, life, love...
I wouldn't go back for anything.
I am even learning to love the little wrinkles. They are laugh lines after all, and what if life really, without a whole lot of laughter?
To me, 31 holds so much potential. I can FEEL good things coming. I know this year will be amazing. Every age, every year, every moment hold the potential for great things, I know this. Something about 31 feels really special though.
31 is....
Fabulous
Awesome
Exciting
Surprising
Wonderful
Beautiful
Sassy
Sexy
Creative
Inspiring
Delightful
No comments:
Post a Comment