It happens every time, without fail. Every single time I do or say something and second guess myself, it turns out to be the perfect thing to do or say. In the past, if I felt I should not say what I was about to say or already said, I would apologize, delete, etc. to make it right again. Since I am on a mission not to silence my voice, I have been NOT deleting, apologizing, or otherwise undoing something I feel might have been too harsh, too outlandish, just too much...And every single time I am commended, complimented, or even quoted! Sure I piss some people off, but the people I am afraid will judge me or think less of me (my friends, who wouldn't do that anyway, but I still worry about it) usually really like what I have to say. Amazing! Who knew?
I don't always say the perfect thing. Sometimes I am too harsh. Sometimes I don't think before I speak. If I say something truly wrong, I do, of course, apologize for it. It is incredible to see that the majority of the time, people actually want to hear what I have to say. My voice is genuine.
I am still a little afraid, I still second guess, a lot. But I don't silence myself anymore.
I am really very proud of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment