Friday, August 26, 2011

Fragile Dreams

I have secret plans for my future. They are only secret because they are new, mostly abstract, and still very fragile dreams. I am a little afraid. Afraid that I can't do it. Afraid that I just don't have what it takes. It is a catch 22. If I share my dreams, I know that my loved ones will cheer me on, because that is what you lovely wonderful people do...But it also means I will have to follow through on them...and I am scared.

Even worse, I have these moments where I think "Why bother? Other people are doing what I want to do, and they are so much better at it than I could ever be. I have nothing new to offer, nothing unique and amazing."

Yes, I realize that this is not a good attitude to have, but it is how I feel. What if it is true?

I have so many dreams, but they are so fragile.

1 comment:

  1. Here I was wondering why you haven't written in so long... no, blogger once again has just stopped emailing me your entries, and they don't show on my blog reader.

    ::HUGE HUGS:: I understand the fragile dream sentiment. Hold onto them as you would a butterfly... gently, with reverence and hope, and with great admiration for their beauty.

    ReplyDelete