Sunday, January 1, 2012

One Word for 2012


If I had to choose one word to focus on, one word that really represents who I want to be and what I want my life to become, one word that inspires me, I would choose: Radiance.
As it turns out, I do only get one word, so there you go.

Definition of RADIANCE

1
: the quality or state of being radiant
2
: a deep pink
3
: the flux density of radiant energy per unit solid angle and per unit projected area of radiating surface

Synonyms: brightness, brilliancy, candor, dazzle, effulgence, illumination, lambency, lightness, luminance, luminosity, luminousness, luster (or lustre), lustrousness, brilliance, refulgence, splendor



There is something about this word that just sings to me. I want be lit from within. I want to know what makes women radiant. I want to know if life can be made radiant. Can life be brilliant, bright, luminous...radiant? Why not? But how?
Can art be radiant? Can any creation be radiant? What is radiance really? Does it go beyond the dictionary definition?

To me, the word sparkles and glows. It swirls around just waiting to have it's glittery little mysteries unlocked. And I have 365 days to do it. Well, 364 now.

If you had to choose just one word...what would you choose?

Image: SOMMAI / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

1 comment:

  1. My word is Restore. Several areas of my life could use restoration.

    ReplyDelete