What is that!?
I should add...most of the super negative people are happily married.
Poor them.
No, really, I do feel bad for them. I'm not being sarcastic. It is a very sad thing when you have the opportunity to make any day (semi-holiday or not) special, and choose not to.
That being said, I find my self making a HUGE effort to not let the negativity from others get to me. I am also struggling a bit with my own negativity.
I keep catching myself thinking "Yeah, well, at least you have someone"
Then I give myself a mental smack to the head and recite at least 3 reasons why I am super lucky and super loved.
I have always loved Valentine's Day. Always. This is my first single one in many many years, but even when I was single before, I loved it. I love the candy and the cute cards and the pink and red everywhere. I love the flowers and the cutesy little sayings.
But most of all, I love making others feel special on Valentine's Day. I mean, isn't that what it's all about?
And maybe that is why this year it is a bit harder for me to shake off the negativity that surrounds me. I haven't really gotten the chance to share the love this year. I've been having a very hard time these last few weeks (serious anxiety issue from out of no where), and this week I had a major project due for school. Between all that, and celebrating a special birthday this weekend...Valentine's Day was suddenly upon me...and I have been too tired to do much to celebrate it.
Part of me wants to just forget it and do better next year, finish this post and go to bed. But, another part of me wants to salvage this and find a way to still make the day special somehow...
No comments:
Post a Comment