Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Single

I think I have started actually feeling like I am single. It takes a little time for me sometimes when the break-up is abrupt, but it has finally sunk in.

I've always enjoyed being single. Sure having a romantic relationship can be wonderful, but being single can be pretty awesome too.

When you are single you can do whatever you like. There is no need to compromise if there is a certain show or movie you'd like to see, or if there is an activity you'd like to participate in that another person may not enjoy. When you are single your schedule is your own. Your life is all about you and what you want out of it.
Now, this is obviously a bit different when you are single with a child, but it still works with some creative planning and forethought.

Being single also means you can flirt shamelessly and openly admire any yummy specimens of the opposite sex. I'm not quite at the flirting stage...but we did have this fantastically delicious waiter at Opas the other day.
Sadly, he was not on the menu.
See how I joke?
It is single joking. =)

I can picture myself renting a cute little house, cooking in my cute little kitchen, enjoying my own space, setting up a cute little room for Patrick, having all my stuff however I want to set it up...the only boy stuff around is Patrick's fun toys and clothes.
And the world is my oyster.

Yeah, being single isn't so bad at all.
It is my own little adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I love you. :)I am so excited for August. :D

    ReplyDelete