Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Dud

So, a friend of mine wanted me to go out and meet her man's best bud. I didn't really want to. Not only was I so not feeling ready to put myself out there...I couldn't handle the rejection should he not like me (whether I liked him or not).

I ended up writing him off before I even met him.

When my friend showed up to pick me up (both guys in the car with her) I stepped outside with the baby while mom took the dogs out, because she was getting ready to take the plumpkin shopping with her. My friend's bf got out of the car to meet me, my mom, and the dogs and gushed over the baby with Patricia...the dud stayed in the car.

That happens to be on my list...there were other things that are no-no's on my list that added up as the night went on.

Sure he was a nice enough guy, I think, since he hardly said two words to me...but I'm definitely not interested.

What's funny is...I could care less whether or not he liked me. Turns out I'm more confident than I thought. How cool is that?

It is a shame he was a dud. But, I'm really not ready to be out in the dating world quite yet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment