Mom and I have started a new diet program. We are on day 3 and have both lost 5lbs (She actually lost 5.5) Sure, it is water weight right now, but seeing the numbers on the scale go down at all is a very exciting thing when they usually only go up up up.
So far I am feeling great! Lots of energy, not at all hungry. It is very exciting! Many years ago, when I only had about 30ish lbs to lose and thought I was a cow, I lost weight doing Herbalife. This is WAY better than that! I'm so very excited! (Yes, there have been some serious body image issues in the past, and present...working on these too)
I know what a person needs to do to lose weight. I have known for years. Eat healthy, move your body (burn more than you eat), and have a positive attitude. But sometimes you need a jump start, something that tells you, you really can lose the wight, you really can change your body. I have been very much in need of this.
What is even more exciting, is that I have so much energy that I am actually getting stuff done instead of napping when the baby does! I don't feel so completely exhausted all the time. Even if I lost no weight at all...that energy is well worth it!
That being said...I cannot even express in words (though I am going to try) how ecstatic I am about a future where I am not fat! It feels good to actively work on losing weight. It feels good to know that awesome results are just weeks away, and my goal is not so far in the future it seems impossible to reach - I'm getting closer to it every day.
I've been wanting...needing...to make this change for so long.
I'm finally doing it! I am finally taking back control!
I am taking it a day at a time and one day soon I will look back and be amazed...and not just because my butt will be smaller. =P
Yay! Congrats on your strong start. I can't wait to hear more about this program from you and your ongoing success.
ReplyDelete