Thursday, March 17, 2011

Raw Nerve

I have referenced a blog called Single Dad Laughing in a few of my posts. Today he posted the final part of a three part series about men being (or not being) real fathers, mothers pushing fathers right out of the door, and the final one "You are not the man she married" is about husbands falling out of love with their wives.

To say these hit a nerve would be the understatement of the century.
Not only do I feel sick to my stomach and have tears in my eyes, but I feel completely hopeless right now.
I feel sad. I feel afraid - afraid that all relationships are just doomed.

I'm sure this was not the author's intent. His blog is really great, and his posts are often thought provoking. I usually enjoy thought provoking things. However, I am no longer following the blog. Some things...I just can't think about right now. Sometimes wounds just need to be left alone to heal.

2 comments:

  1. I have saved the SDL site and will read all three. Do you think this might be helpful to Drew as well?
    Speaking of that, my last blog was very related to a very real problem and how to deal with it when it affects someone that you love.
    We'll talk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually sent Drew the link to the site when I first discovered it. I'm not sure if he's looked at it or not. I definitely thought there was a lot of stuff there he could probably relate to and might enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete