Sunday, September 5, 2010

All By Myself

I have spent the last 4.5 days all alone (except for the baby, 2 dogs, and 8 cats of course). Mom is coming home tonight. I missed her, but I am actually ending the time alone on an up note! I had about 2 days of being pretty mopey and sad. I got pretty caught up in my thoughts for a little bit there. And I had this unbelievably insane chocolate craving with no way to satisfy it...but I have turned it all around! Both the blues and the chocolate cravings, actually.

I actually got some light cleaning done, kept up with the kitchen and did a fairly good job of feeding myself balanced meals.Though I do admit I was pretty lazy about them, thank God for V8Juice!
I also took good care of the dogs, and of course took awesome care of Patrick.
I half expected to get overwhelmed by it all...but I didn't. Not even a little! How Supermom am I!?
I even baked something! (With some baking chocolate I found...goodbye chocolate cravings!)
This was actually my first time going so long with absolutely no help with the baby, and taking care of all the furry creatures on top of that.
I am really proud of myself right now.

It is so wonderful to have some help with it all...but it is amazing and empowering to know I can handle it all on my own too!
These last few days made me feel as if I really can handle my new life. I can learn to drive (and get a car), make a living, have a little home for Patrick and I, and just have a really great life! Oh, and bake too!

1 comment: