Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Quest...ions

I sometimes fill my journal with all the questions that pop in my head. Many of them are focused on the far future...just wanting to know if everything really will be ok. It feels good to get the questions out, but there are never answers. I realized the other night, as I was filling yet another page with the same questions, that the word "Question" has"Quest" in it. This is interesting to me because I never will get the answers to my questions unless I stop sitting around asking endless questions, and actually embark on my own "quest". Maybe it sounds silly to you, but I thought it was cool...

Now, along with the questions I ask, I write down ways to discover answers.

Who am I? Live life and find out!
When I am ready for it, will I find love? Not if you sit on your butt wondering if you'll find love!
Will I have more children? Yup, there are ways, even if that love finding thing has not happened yet, but for now, enjoy the amazing one you have!
Will I ever stop being afraid...of everything? Not if you sit around being afraid of everything!
Will I ever DO all the things I have always dreamed of doing? Sure just DO them and stop sitting around dreaming about them all the time!
Will I ever lose weight? Not if you sit on your butt...

Notice a pattern here?
I like the idea of a Quest. It sounds romantic. A Quest for self, a Quest for life...it needs a catchy name...

The Great Sandi Quest

*grin*



3 comments:

  1. I like this. It will be its own great chapter in the Book of Sandi... remember that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do! Maybe THAT will be my NaNo this year, The List will be a chapter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's actually a really great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete