Or - "How Insomnia and the Internet Lit a Fire Under Me"
I had a dreadful time sleeping last night. I have been so worried about Thor, and it is worse at night, because I know he is alone for the most part, and I want him to be ok. At around midnight I gave up on trying to sleep and hopped online. I was so insanely bored. No one was on. But I saw that my wonderful friend Crystal (Hi Crys!) had recently posted a status on FB via Sparkpeople.com. For those not in the know, Spark is a weight loss site. Everything is free, and it is AWESOME! Both Crys and I have been on and off members for quite some time now. Ahh the stop and go of weight loss efforts. Being bored, I thought to myself, playing on my Spark page would be fun...and I was suddenly motivated. Motivated to get back into the healthy lifestyle, motivated to make a real effort.
I could make excuses. I usually would.
These last 6 months have been the hardest of my life, between the split, single-motherhood, losing Merlin (and Ivan just a year ago) and now having a sick puppy...
I could say that I need to focus on other things, like healing my heart, and unpacking, and maybe even learning to drive...really anything that doesn't involve having to think about food and making and effort to workout.
No excuses here...it was almost 1am, and I was ready to go!
The amazing thing is, despite stress and serious lack of sleep...I am still motivated and excited this morning!
In fact...I cleaned!
And the most surprising thing happened...I felt...Happy!
Cleaning can make you happy?
Yup! It sure can!Who would have ever though!? Certainly not I! I have always hated cleaning...loathed it...despised it above all things...even ketchup! And those of you who know me, know how much I hate ketchup!
Cleaning is also a bit tricky with a baby. But I thought about it last night, while trying to sleep again. I planned out the best way to get little tasks done, and I did them!
And while some of the tasks weren't very fun - the immediate results were!
All of the changes I want to make, and things I want to do for myself will take time. Most of them won't be visible for weeks, or even months...but cleaning? Cleaning is instant gratification!
Cool huh?
I am just very excited that something seems to have clicked for me! All because of insomnia and a FB status. Talk about a domino effect.
Hi!!! I love it. I love it all!! You rock it girl!
ReplyDelete