Ok, so, you can imagine how I felt at 5:30am when the cute little guy woke up - definitely not ready to face a normal day...today was not a normal day.
The baby is in a much better mood today, and he did take a nice morning nap. For some reason though, despite the fact that he is beyond tired, he has been refusing to take his afternoon nap. He has been leaning up against things, tumbling down and staying there for a few minutes, and rubbing his eyes, but just refuses to go to sleep. Stubborn little boy.
SO, dealing with "I refuse to sleep" is one thing, dealing with him and the insane puppies...Oh man!
The poor puppies have not had enough exercise this week, so I really can't blame them. And aside from the scare Skodi gave me because she ate half a package of Via (Strabucks instant coffee, guaranteed to put a pep in your step) it has been pretty funny. They got into noodles, a pair of baby pants (that is a little sad, they were cute pants) tin foil, and of course, the Via. Figment has also been enjoying the fruits of their naughty labor, she is especially fond of uncooked noodles.
SO I was telling mom about my day and she commented on how I seemed to be taking it all in stride, especially considering how emotional I usually am close so to that time of the month. She's right too, normally I would want to curl up in a ball and cry. But I don't feel like crying. I don't feel overwhelmed. It was a crazy day, but it is really all kinda funny. And yeah, so it is 5pm and the baby has finally fallen alseep and will probably be a up a bit later than usual because of it. No biggie.
I am astounded by how much I have changed.
I used to be all caught up and basketcasey in the chaos...but lately I feel as if I am in the center of the storm. Sure there is chaos all around me, but I am calm, centered, strong, and the chaos doesn't control me anymore (for the most part)
There seems to be this totally zen, mature woman inside of me.
Who knew?
How Sandelightful!
ReplyDelete"Martha Susan Parham Dambrell said...
ReplyDeleteHow Sandelightful!"
I <3 you!