I thought it would be hard. I thought I would be sad. Especially since I spent much of Christmas day with Drew...
I had fun. I had a very nice Christmas. And the fact that I am single again really didn't even enter my brain. I enjoyed Patrick's adorableness, family, good food, Christmas lights & decor, and did I mention food? =P
I was so worried that I would plummet into sadness. I was so stressed out the weeks and days leading up to Christmas...determined to start new traditions, determined to make this Christmas special and happy, whether I liked it or not...Oh man, was I really beyond stressed and entering into panicked and insane. It was silly really, because in the end, everything worked out.
Most cards and gifts are late...as usual...oh well. If you know me well enough to be getting either from me, you know I am never on time with such things. It is something I want to change, but right now...well, it is what it is.
We baked cookies and looked at lights.
We decorated (finally!) on Christmas Eve. We took an insane amount of pictures of the baby opening presents. And we just enjoyed the day(s).
I even heard "Santa Baby" on the radio, which really just makes my holiday season complete!
I am just so surprised that there was no sadness at all...I was prepared for it, but it never came. A little wistfulness sure, but that is normal for me this time of year anyway. I am always a bit wistful about something =P
I truly had a Merry Christmas this year...I hope all of you did as well!
Thanks for sharing this... I was so worried. This has truly made my Christmas complete!
ReplyDelete=D
ReplyDelete