Sunday, December 12, 2010

Damn

It hit me a little after all.

That slightly sad, wistful feeling I had been expecting around this time.
I, of course, stopped expecting it. Not very wise of me. Considering the state of my non-love life, I don't know why I thought for even a moment it wouldn't hit me a bit. What was I thinking that I could escape it this year?

The cold weather. The love. The couples everywhere.
The Christmas music that either reminds me of songs we loved to sing together, or are about wishing for true love for Christmas (damn you Britney Spears!) Or just make me wish I could share these moments with someone special. And then I start wondering how many Christmases will go by with me not having that snuggly, hot cocoa bringing, share stuff with person in my life...

*sigh*
Ah well. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
And the feeling will pass.

But still...sometimes wistful longing just sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment