I am sitting at Starbucks, sipping a Venti hazelnut soy mocha (with whip!) and listening to a very cool song on the sound system. I wonder what it's called and who it's by. I suppose I could ask. (Note: Coming Home by John Legend)
I am on a date with myself.
Weird huh?
I'm actually having a really great time. It is peaceful and very interesting watching all the people go about their lives, sipping their coffees.
Loud people just sat down next to me, which negates the peacefulness I was just talking about. Oh well.
It has been a very long time since I have been out on a date with myself. Years. Maybe even a decade. I consider this my first date. So far we are getting along quite well.
I don't think people date themselves enough.
I almost didn't go. I almost talked myself into just staying home. My lovely Mom-in-law gently convinced me (and made it easy for me) to go out. I'm glad I did.
I think being able to enjoy yourself out and about on your own, is a very important life skill.
Have you dated yourself lately? Or ever?
Give it a try! You will be glad you did.
And don't forget to get a little dressed up and buy yourself a small treat. You do want to make a good impression after all. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment