Sunday, January 2, 2011

Serendipity Log

One of the new books I am reading suggests starting a "Serendipity Log". You write down all the little surprisingly nice things that happen during the day. For example, yesterday, Starbucks had chocolate curls and the hostess at the Cheesecake Factory brought us sliced bananas and bread for the babies before the server even came to get our drink order. These are little things, but they made me smile and think "Wow, how great!" So, into the Serendipity Log they go.
The author of the book mentions that she can picture these little angels in charge of good things happening to people. Obviously they are very busy, so when their work is noticed and appreciated, they send more and more good things your way. I believe her. I can picture that too.
These little things are what get us through from one big wonderful event to the next.

Also, when you happen to be having a less than wonderful day, you can look back through your log and see all the wonderful little surprises that have come your way recently. It is sure to be a mood lifter!

As it happens, I received the perfect notebook for my Serendipity Log for Christmas.
That, by the way, went into the log as well. If that isn't serendipity...I don't know what is!

1 comment: