Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rejection

I received an email from The Examiner. They decided not to hire me. I am totally bummed out.
Rejection sucks. A lot.
It has me wondering if I am just a really bad writer. I guess it is ok if I am. It isn't something I dreamed of doing all my life, just something that has been really speaking to me recently. So, maybe I just need more practice, or maybe it just needs to be kept a more private expression.

I was just starting to feel really excited about some plans I have brewing, some future goals...and now I am wondering if I can do it at all.

Funny how one little rejection can have you questioning everything, even things that have nothing to do with the actual rejection.
And I keep telling myself that there are amazing writers/artists/people who have been rejected numerous times before finding someone who saw their talent and took a chance on them...
But then I think...they were really awesome and I'm just me...and sometimes I just feel like that is not enough...

6 comments:

  1. There is absolutely NO WAY you are not good enough! So, you must not have gotten it b/c you have something even better just ahead. And being "just me" just keeps getting better, don't you think? You are blessed to be able to say that you are happier than ever and have hope for the future; a future that doesn't include - pills to get through the day.
    But you are right, rejection does suck! Too much of it can change you in a bad way. But keep your perspective about this one... You don't suck, just the circumstance does.
    Sure wish we were only minutes away and not hours. Glad that you are headed to see Crys and Rog! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    It is becoming very difficult to think I'm not all that great, when so many people seem to think otherwise. That's definitely a good thing. =)

    And thanks! I'm very much looking forward to this weekend. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fully believe you should keep every rejection letter. Be proud of them. You know why? Because it means you weren't afraid to put yourself out there. You were brave enough and proud of yourself enough to try. That is SUPER IMPORTANT. And if you keep trying you will find your niche and you'll be in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Crystal for sure :-) You took a risk! That shows moxie! Keep trying, keep taking risks, eventually the hard work pays off! And you are a lovely writer!! You can certainly do it!

    ReplyDelete